About the job
The Chief Interior Designer will lead the visual merchandising team to create functional, safe, and aesthetically pleasing spaces by assessing space requirements, determining optimal furniture placement, and selecting decorative items, all while bringing life to an artistic vision for work and living spaces, seeing out a project from conception to creation. An Interior Designer works to make indoor spaces functional, safe, and appealing by determining space requirements and selecting essential and decorative items, such as colors, lighting, and furniture pieces. Interior designers are usually able to draw, read, and edit blueprints while being aware of building codes, inspection regulations, and other considerations, such as accessibility standards.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
· Determine the company’s goals and requirements for the project
·Advise management on interior design factors such as space planning, layout and use of furnishings or equipment and color coordination.
· Lead the creative interiors efforts on developing overall design concepts and design presentation strategies. This individual is key to managing existing client relationships and developing new ones.
· Develops design concepts and produces contract documents based on client needs.
·Sketch preliminary design plans, including electrical and partition layouts.
· Conduct market surveys to understand the latest trends.
· Merchandise and take corrective measures whenever required – physical changes and educating the supervisor / staff on the retail floor.
· Convey right merchandising patterns to the sales team.
· Manages the coordination and logistics of product deliveries and installation.
· Create a timeline for the interior design project and estimate project costs.
· Render design ideas in form of paste-ups or drawings.
· Use computer-aided drafting (CAD) and related software to produce construction documents.
· Coordinate with category buyers to understand the theme of the merchandise.
· Visit the site after the project is complete to ensure that the client is satisfied.
· Offer suggestions for improved product mix to generate / improve sales.
· When required, assist in carrying out regular stock takes.
· Monitor the overall store presentation to ensure it is always of the highest standards.
· Develop schematics and floor plans clearly defining furniture and display placement.
· Specify materials and furnishings, such as lighting, furniture, wall finishes, flooring, and plumbing fixtures.
· Detail-oriented with excellent problem-solving and organizational skills.
· Ability to apply a sense of style to create aesthetically pleasing interiors.
· Strong visual design skills including proportion and aesthetics.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to use computer-aided design (CAD) software.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
· Knowledge of industry construction and material costs.
· Excellent ability in communicating artistic vision.
·Strong ability to project and execute approved ideas.
·Ability to present illustrations.
·Proven organizational and follow-through skills.
Education and Experience:
·Bachelor’s degree with focus in Interior design or interior architecture in similar field.
·Experience with 3D, computer aided design and other design programs.
·Proven working experience in decorating interior spaces.
·Portfolio of previous design works.